Not only do we have the best Tech & Sales Support in the industry, we also have one of the most simplest and straightforward Warranty & Return Policies as well. You can rest assured that when you purchase a product from us, that you will be taken care of on Warranty & Returns.
To explain our policies in the most efficient manner, we have compiled a list of questions that our customers most frequently ask about this subject.
How long is the warranty?
It depends on the product, but most of the warranty info is provided the day of purchase or if it is a bundled item it is located in the description.
What is covered under warranty?
Basically any defective or malfunctioning aspect of the product that has incurred during normal use of the product that has not been caused by improper use or improper installation.
Example: A properly installed camera or DVR simply stopped working or started acting abnorm
What is not covered under warranty?
Any defective or malfunctioning aspect of the product caused by improper installation, customer misuse or damage, or external related damage such as faulty power, power surges, theft damage, etc. Any major alterations to a product. Some common examples that would not be covered under warranty:
- Obvious evidence of power surges or faulty power. This is usually indicated by burn marks on the devices board or power input.
- Acts of God: Any major damage due to severe weather such as lightning surge damage or any other major storm damage.
- Accidental damage by customer or intentional damage from other sources such as theft damage.
- (Most Common) Improper Installation or weatherproofing of cable connectors. Bad RJ45 crimp which is usually evident by bent or damaged pins to the female RJ45 connection. Rusted or corroded power and/or video camera cable connectors due to improper weatherproofing.
- Please note that just because a camera is listed as weatherproof does not mean its power and video connectors are weatherproofed. Please properly weatherproof your cameras power/video connectors with weatherproof electrical tape, silicone, or junction boxes.
- Customer misuse: Weather related issues occurring from using an indoor camera outside. Uploading an incorrect or unapproved firmware which either bricks the unit or causes it to malfunction.
- Any major alteration to a product. Cutting off connectors, drilling holes, or any other major abnormal alteration would be examples. Painting does not void warranty as long as it’s done in a manner that doesn’t affect the operation of the product.
I have a product that I think falls under warranty, what happens next?
We first ask you to give us a call or send us an email so that we can help troubleshoot any issue that you may have as sometimes it’s just a configuration issue that is causing the problem and not an actual defective product. If that doesn’t work, we will take a look at the product here and attempt to repair it. If we cannot repair it, we would simply replace the product with a brand new unit from our stock.
NON Warranty 30-DAY HASSLE FREE RETURNS
What happens if I don’t like the product I purchased or it ends up not working out for me?
No problem, we want you to be satisfied. You are welcome to return the product within 30 days of purchase if you do not like the product or God forbid, you don’t like our service.
When does the 30 day return period start?
30 days from date of delivery
What condition does the product have to be in when returning?
We aren’t going to be sticklers about this. We would love for you to return back the product in like new condition in the box with all of the components included, but we realize that this isn’t always possible. Fact of the matter is, if you’ve mounted and used a camera for a certain amount of days and end up not liking it, its nearly impossible to take the camera down and return it without it looking “used”. There is also a chance that you may have thrown away the box and some mounting screws and manuals along the way. Understandable. Therefore, all we ask is that you try to return the product to us in nearly the same condition that we sent it to you as.
Can I return a product which is Damaged and what constitutes as a damaged product?
If for any reason a product was damaged during the testing phase please contact our support to verify if we can accept the return.
The following could be considered a Damaged product:
- Water Damaged product, unless it is a manufacturer defect.
- Out of the ordinary wear and tear during testing such as cracked lens, scuffed lens or improper installation of a product.
- Fire Damaged products.
- Modification done to the internal components of a product.
- Cutoff cable whips from the camera.
- Damaged connectors due to improper installation.
- Excessive markings or scuffs on an item.
It is always recommended to bench test the products or temporarily setup a product for testing before final installation which will prevent major wear and tear to a product.
Is there a restocking fee?
Yes there is a $50 Restocking fee on the products.
Who pays for shipping on the 30 day return?
The customer pays for return shipping on 30 day returns. If you use the UPS return shipping label that we provide, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund. You can also choose to arrange your own shipping.
When will I receive my refund when I ship the products back?
Within one week of receiving the product back in our hands. All returns are processed at 9:00 AM Eastern time on Mondays. Please note that we would only refund the original cost of the product you are returning. No original shipping costs would be refunded.